HealthMine is looking for a DataOps Engineer who will design robust, scalable, maintainable, and forward-thinking data flows that will empower the business to answer the questions that really matter. Python, Apache Airflow, Apache Spark, PostgreSQL, and AWS EMR are just some of the tech stacks that you’ll be working with toward the end of making a difference in the lives of real people.
At HealthMine, you’re not just another cog in the machine who executes someone else’s task list; you will be partnering with your equally-capable peers to propose bold new ways to extract the most value out of our data and working with the business-at-large to ensure that everything you do serves a meaningful and valuable end.
- Maintain and enhance our existing Airflow-based file-processing platform in support of inbound and outbound file processing
- Coordinate the onboarding of new customers by defining the new inbound and outbound file processes that need to be created and, when needed, contribute to those implementations
- Maintain and enhance our enterprise data warehouse by adding new dimensions and facts that are required by the business
- Maintain key data dictionaries that are used by HealthMine at large in data-related conversations and presentations
- Actively monitor the health of the data platform at large and identify strategic opportunities to add/improve automation of the handling of data
- Support other business units as they identify data-oriented questions that will help to drive the business forward
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Management Information Systems, Statistics, or an equivalent in working experience
- 3-5 years implementing automated ETL workflows (Microsoft SSIS, Informatica, Talend, Apache Airflow, Apache Spark, etc.)
- Experience in authoring and analyzing complex SQL queries, creating data models for both transactional and dimensional databases, and automating data-oriented workflows
- Experience with Python is preferred
- Experience working in a highly-automated and -disciplined development environment with tools like GitHub, JetBrains PyCharm, and TeamCity
- Experience working with in a cloud-based environment (Amazon AWS preferred)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum/Kanban environment and working with supporting tooling such as Pivotal Tracker, Jira, Rally, or Trello
- Experience in maintaining cloud-based documentation and supporting materials using products such as Google Docs/Drive, Microsoft SharePoint/OneDrive, Lucidchart, or Miro
- Excellent documentation, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent team builder, team player, and consensus builder with the ability to be both independent and highly collaborative
- Excellent time-management and delegation skills
- Ability to proactively learn new skills, concepts, and technology stacks with a strong bias toward pragmatism
HealthMine is a health reward and engagement company that empowers plans to improve member health through smart rewards and incentives. Our analytic platform aggregates data and utilizes advanced algorithms combined with population health and quality improvement disciplines. This enables health plans and organizations to increase profitability and thrive.Health plans and organizations have utilized HealthMine’s services since 2008 to enhance or supplement targeted member engagement strategies. We offer one solution to motivate health actions and reward any member. We encourage members to complete clinical health actions, providing smarter rewards distribution and member satisfaction.HealthMine offers competitive base salaries, full benefits (medical, dental, and vision), short-term and long-term disability benefits, matching 401(k) plan, equity in the company, and flexible work hours.
HealthMine provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, HealthMine will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.